Helping you to define your own success & to get others to recognize and reward your efforts.
Helping your startup ideas get strategically honed for success & readied for independent operations and outside funding.
Failure is an actual reality.
- Informal groups or teams typically don't last more than two years if fully and successfully functioning, most often breaking into opposing splinter groups or ineffective ones that fail to accomplish their intended purpose.
- Nonprofit 5-year failure rates typically hover at 50%, with most nonprofits going out of full compliance within two years.
- After five years, the survival rate of for-profit companies that go it alone without the benefits of incubator support is only 44 percent. 33% of all start-up businesses fail in their first five years, and 66% of them will fail within 10 years.
- According to small business statistics in 2019, over 90% of small businesses will fail.
- According to Christian research organizations, over HALF of the top ten reasons Christian ministries fail include: lacking people skills, unrealistic expectations, or inept planning. Many ministries fail to go beyond its initial vision of its own inspired start; and often its leaders become desperate, disillusioned, or fatalistically relying on unseen forces instead of doing the principles that work.
The false optimism of thinking, "I am different and won't be in that failure number" does not protect from failure. Nor does it prepare leaders to succeed. Incubation does!
Research shows that there is a solution for success! ALL of the reasons for enterprise failure can be mitigated by working with an experienced professional certified coach in a full incubation organization relationship - not going it alone! Incubation ensures that startups are designed from the very inception to be responsive (not reactive), connected (not contractive), monetized for sustaining itself (not leader-funded), and growth-oriented (not capacity-limited). Business startups nurtured in an incubator have a 5 - 10 year survival rate of over 87%, says Tracy Kitts, the COO of NBIA, to Business News Daily. Incubators provide timely guidance through an established development process that streamlines and optimizes the organization being built. The principles are applicable to all formal and informal groups, teams, businesses, nonprofits, and even ministry or service endeavors.
Though not an exhaustive list, most startups tend to (a) launch too early, (b) have no business plan [or have a great looking business plan that is totally ineffective or applicable to actuality], (c) are based on bad estimates of who will be interested in your idea or group, (d) stay hopeful about [but not actively appeal] to those who will support and join it, (e) remain too dependent on leader-funding, (f) over-invest in promotion or advertising, and (g) utilize personalized sell mechanisms falsely thinking that it means they are "responsive" to its target. All of these reasons - and more - mean that pre-launch preparation is crucial. Incubating your group, team, business, ministry, or nonprofit with us gives you time to build lasting success.
Start off as a Gold group member to begin the interactive process of researching your idea, testing its support, and experimenting with its mechanisms in preparation for an incubated soft launch. In a safe environment, if the endeavor is not viable, it can be tweaked, changed, and honed with low-risk at the pre-incubation level. Once honed, we utilize the MAPS business plan to walk leaders through the rest of the interdependent process. Graduates who launch successfully may then "up" their membership to Platinum where we help with venture funding preparations and change management mechanisms to leverage your startup into its next independent stage.
- One of the people in a target market that is most vulnerable to (a) get-rich-quick plans and seminars, (b) sales-representative contracted marketing schemes, and (c) making large investments to learn or have others do the preparation work and documentation for your own ideas and plans.
The self-help industry is a 12 billion dollar industry driven by promoting gurus, experts, and soft-solutions "plans" to those willing to pay. Think of all of the real-estate investment seminars, the free stock/retirement information meetings, and the own-your-own-business-or-invention recruitment ads. These free or low-cost offers often includes joining their team at certain levels or selling their products, whether those products are make-up, cleaning supplies, systems, or lists. Those scams, schemes, and systems are not designed to be investments in you, your ideas, your business, or your future. Nor do they prepare you for the realities of running a business, despite their so-called training or coaching provisions (see references below). Primarily, their business models and methods are designed to grow their business, make you dependent upon them, and to generate leads (both you and your contacts) in which they can determine how much money you have to spend in their program and how to get it with your eager approval. References   
Those most vulnerable are a target audience that is typically comprised of the unemployed who have difficulty re-entering the job market, the under-employed workers or couples who are looking to better themselves and to achieve feelings of independence, and creative entrepreneurs who lack business skills or the desire to attain them. This means the most vulnerable includes stay-at-home moms or dads, two-income families with hard-earned savings they want to leverage for growth, single-income professionals who are close to topping out in their salary range and are concerned for their futures if they can't work, and emerging craftsmen and artists/writers who want an easy business model that doesn't tamp their creativity when maintaining it.
By stark contrast, when we help you, you are in charge. We don't spam or manipulate you. We don't force you to take risks until you are ready to launch your own business or organizational endeavor. We partner with you, meeting you where you are and helping you successfully get to where you want to be in a natural-to-you yet data-driven research-proven manner. Your membership is a donation to our community to provide all of the things we do. Our incubation goal is to provide a low-risk environment where you can grow at your own pace and learn to become an independent business owner with your own unique successful launch into it. No sales. No spam. No manipulations. Just targeted support and tools.
- People who are already in or who want to start any kind of Group or Team that is not yet seeking licensure, whether already operating together or not.
This category of incubation includes new solopreneurs thinking about or just entering the workforce, someone still exploring their idea or multiple ideas for starting their own small business, someone needing to synthesize their many ideas into one viable operation plan, or someone interested in starting a connection-based enterprise with others. Got an idea? Need help to build support or community around that idea? Don't want to reinvent the wheel, immerse in the bureaucracy of becoming independent, over-diversify your many ideas, or pay-through-the-nose for tools and platforms and permissions to organize and operate? Join us.
We incubate groups and teams of any kind, formal or informal, that are intended to aspirationally activate others for these areas: products, services, interests, hobbies, affilations, actions, research, functional work, relationship-building, advocacy, or a cross-functional focus. Groups may also be in any combination of the above list or chart below. If you have a unique reason to get together with others and stay together for a purpose, we are here. Sky's the limit, really.
Groups and teams may even join if they are under or associated with another organization. For example: Think of employees of a company who want to start a group that focuses on a particular interest not necessarily supported by the company, a church-sponsored lay-ministry with additional needs to reach out that are not covered by the church, an identity group within an association that advocates on its own without a formal overseeing mandate, etc.. We provide leadership coaching, team guidance training, financial & community support systems, and other incubation services. We also have many internal and external resources that we can refer groups to use, even if the group turns out to be ad hoc (temporary). Our incubation goal is to foster interactive impact for your group's work and inter-dependence among members of your group or team. We don't steal your ideas, supporters, or group's money to pad our own business growth. Our key performance measures are very different from typical ones. We are different.
- We host ALL types of organizations in every level of development. Most incubators only focus on business development, and many solely seek technology startups. We utilize and provide organizational tools that work to develop small private groups all of the way through to product-launching businesses in any field. This includes specialized faith-based areas that allow for Christian ministry, religious services, and ideas to be developed.
- We host your group AND develop your group with its own project that can be soft-launched through us for as long as is needed - when it is ready to be fully independent. Typical incubators only provide internal mentors for you to pitch or soft-launch ideas on your own. They coordinate this internally to keep you in their own community rather than preparing you to create your own networking community. We partner and empower you with resources and connections to form your own unique support and mentor network for a successful public launch.
- We are NOT competition-driven. Most startup groups only help fund or provide launch services to the winners. You are a winner with us at any stage. Your graduation is when you and your organization are ready to move to the next level for management and growth.
- We do NOT have a pre-set timetable that pressures and forces you and your organization's development. Most startup groups have set programs, time-tables, and graduations. We provide a place where you can learn at your own pace with our support and encouragement wherever you are in the process.
- We do NOT employ an applications process that eliminates ideas before they have fully formulated. Most startup programs involve "selling" your idea pitch to be approved into their program to develop it. We believe that you have to develop yourself and your idea at the same time, growing the vision at your own pace.
- We provide coaches in a wide range of areas for holistic development of new executives, startup leaders, or team coordinators and their ideas. Most business coaching is canned, designed to put your idea into a particular business "box" into which you must align yourself and your brand of leadership to fit. Our approach is to partner with you to create the structure around your idea that naturally, skillfully, and intentionally matches you.
- We build both coaching, consulting, and learning hours into our services so you are operating on an integrated development plan forward. Most learning provided at incubators, startup programs, coaching companies, or consultants leave it up to you - so long as you're interested, just pay for it and figure out how it applies on your own. We help focus your learning on what will move you and your group forward with the best impact.
- We operate 100% as a nonprofit dedicated to helping you be successful. Most incubators, startup programs, and coaching or consulting services are for-profit organizations that may or may not have an add-on nonprofit aspect for some of their work. Thus, their performance measures focus on sales dollars, paid participants, and number of launches rather than the sustainability of the initiatives and people involved. You will undoubtedly get up-sold and spammed constantly. Our performance measures are different. It includes the goal of creating community. We encourage positive leadership interaction by you, interdependence among your own members or supporters, and your organization or group's eventual independence in a sustained way. We do not spam you at all.
- We don't take additional fees for the crowdfunding you do for your group or your project. That is unusual. Most crowdfunding sites assess charges up to 18% of the donation plus the normal credit card processing fees. We don't. We think that is stealing from both the donors and the recipients we are trying to help. Only the regular processing fees are deducted from the donation amounts, which we don't control.
- We collect and account for donations for your group's sponsorships. No one else offers this benefit. We provide a funding account in our system so people can donate to your group online, by text message, or on a smartphone. We also provide an additional form for your project that can be fully customized for what you want it to say, do, or give. Notifications from forms go directly to the leader of the group. A quarterly report of online, text, or smartphone giving is provided to the leader if there are donations to their fund.
So often, people forget that doing business, coordinating projects and services, or accomplishing anything well is dependent upon relationships - not information. We are building relationship with you when you join us. And we are partnering with you to build up your relationships in your group and in the larger community into which it is launched or operates. Even if the group is as small as a friends' book club or women's getaway vacation club, its sustainability depends upon the relationships of the people in it and how those relationships are fostered by their leaders.
Sustainable leadership, sustainable growth, sustainable success for you and your group is our passion. Choose us and start that journey.
Gold membership includes everything in the Bronze Wellness membership for individuals. It also includes access to the coaching and resources offered in the Silver coaching membership for individuals. However, Gold members also have the choice of either keeping the 2 hours of Silver member coaching or opting to have 2 hours of organizational consultation instead. In addition, Gold members receive a gift code link that gives ten free Bronze wellness membership codes, which can be used as a fundraiser, given to supporters or members, or offered publicly through their group. Gold members get access to their own area where leadership and team downloads can be gotten each month for free and there is a 30-day guide to help set up their new group/idea with our systems. Once set-up is completed, a unique coupon code worth $400 is provided. Gold members have special access to classes, services, and assessments noone else does. These are offered at super low prices, and each year Gold members receive a coupon they can use in their shop to obtain from one to three free options per year (depending upon the costs of their selections, of course.) Two sections of our special MAPS business plan is included for free to Gold members for groups to begin thinking about the key questions they should answer as they form or grow their group. If you're counting, that is around $1200 worth of benefits for the annual membership cost.
How else can we empower your startup idea or group to mobilize? Let's talk. We are partnership-driven and open to having those conversations with you.
Some sources: http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/272-incubators-increase-small-business-success.html, https://www.forbes.com/sites/ianaltman/2016/03/20/half-of-nonprofits-are-setup-to-fail-how-about-your-favorite/#2faef654619a, https://www.infodev.org/infodev-files/resource/InfodevDocuments_774.pdf, http://smallbusiness.chron.com/difference-teamwork-process-formal-informal-settings-24400.html